SkeletonLayout is an Android library for developers.
Users are time-sensitive and may skip an app due to long loading times and missing visual feedback. Instagram, Facebook, Google and other services tackled this problem with the so-called Skeleton View. This view is being displayed during the process of fetching or requesting data asynchronously which leads to a perceivedly more responsive app.
This library implements the Skeleton View pattern and provides an easy way for other developers to enable it in their apps.
- Make your app feel faster: Immediate visual feedback long before your data has been fetched or requested
- Support any View: Apply to any type of View or ViewGroup
- RecyclerView on speed: Convenience adapter for the RecyclerView, since it is the main use case
- Customization: Adjust shimmer, color and shape of the skeleton to set you apart from other apps
- Minimum effort: A fistful lines of code to use the SkeletonLayout
- Minimum footprint: Nothing more than org.jetbrains.kotlin:kotlin-stdlib-jre7 and com.android.support:recyclerview-v7
Find out more on Github.